Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Themed weddings


One of my favorite kinds of weddings is a themed wedding, for those of you not in the know a themed wedding is usually in conjunction with a major holiday and incorporates that holidays theme. This year I got a once in a career opportunity to do a Halloween themed wedding, this is especially exciting for me because I get to use my creative side and think outside "the box". I first met Karen and Fletcher in October of 2008 they came to Farina's looking for a hall to celebrate their October 31st, 2009 wedding reception, suddenly it dawned on me they were looking for a hall for Halloween... HALLOWEEN!!! I could barely contain my excitement could it be possible that they were going to do a non-traditional wedding reception, the day fit and their personalities were perfect for this kind of event. I honestly don't know who was more excited about the wedding me or Karen. After a fun year of planning the event is finally here, Farina's will get the opportunity to host an event with guests and ghouls alike!! If you are driving down Coolidge on Halloween evening take an extra minute to drive by Farina's and check out all the fun themed Halloween and harvest decorations that we have all worked so hard on and if you hear any blood curdling scream don't worry it's just, Karen, Fletcher and their 100 guests celebrating their special day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brook, it was by far the best reception I have ever attended. I was told that by a dozen people as they left. What amazed me was the amount of people still there at the end, 30 to 40 people ready for more dancing. The food was incredible, teh beef melted in my mouth. The only negative for me was the music stopping during my dance with my daughter, but I got to dance with her enough so... it was as near to perfect as I could imagine it to be. The entertainer was awesome and amazing, I only hope you got to watch Zoltan perform..And the dry ice seemded to work, LOL, I brought you enough for two parties...Thank you also for your personal touch and al the hard work you did to make this perfect, from the decorations to lighting the vial bottles perfectly... I still dream I am there asling you questions...LOL
    Thank you again and I have already recommended Farina's to a neighbor and will highly recommend them to everyone.
    Michael Doyle

    ReplyDelete